Note: the delivery terms below apply for deliveries in Finland. If you want a memorial to be delivered outside of Finland, please be in touch: email@example.com
Who is responsible for your personal data?
Absentus acts as the supervisor of the personal data you submit to us and is responsible for your personal data.
Where is your personal data stored?
The personal data that we collect from you is stored in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), but your personal data may also be transferred to and processed in countries outside the EEA. All transfers of personal data are made in compliance with the applicable laws.
What kind of personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data that you submit to us when you make orders, contact our customer service or participate in competitions, for example. Personal data that you submit to us may include contact details, date of birth and payment information, among other data. In addition, we may collect certain personal data from external sources, including credit information and changes of address.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders in our online services
- Sending you information about the status of your delivery by SMS or email
- Contacting you if there is a problem with the delivery of a product you have ordered
- Answering your questions and notifying you of new services or changes in our services
- Sending you promotional marketing content, including newsletters and catalogues
- Announcing the winners of the online contests that we arrange
- Carrying out credit checks relating to your account
- Analyzing your information for marketing and communication purposes
- Ensuring that your are of sufficient age to make purchases online
- Sending you surveys that enable you to influence the products and services that we offer
- Testing and developing the systems we use in order to provide our services
- Preventing the abuse and inappropriate use of our services
- We use the details of the deceased on the order contract, for verifying the memorial permits submitted to the parish and for agreeing on and notifying about installations
Your data will be stored for as long as necessary for the above-mentioned purposes, or for as long as is legally required. After this, your personal data will be deleted.
What rights do you have?
At any time, you may ask to see the personal data that we hold on your behalf (free of charge once per year). If your data is incorrect, incomplete or unnecessary, you may ask us to correct or delete it. We cannot delete your data if we are legally required to retain it, for example due to accounting regulations, or if we have other legal grounds for retaining it, such as unpaid debt. At any time, you may withdraw your consent to the use of your data for marketing purposes. Contact us by post at Absentus Oy, Otakaari 5, 02150 Espoo, Finland or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can access your personal data?
We will never transmit, sell or exchange your data with an external third party for marketing purposes. We may only transmit data to a third party in order to deliver the above-mentioned services, such as to a transport company for the delivery of goods, to media companies for the distribution of newsletters, and to credit reference and collection companies for credit information checks, verification of identity and debt collection.
How do we protect your personal data?
We have implemented technical and organizational measures in order to protect your data against loss, manipulation and unauthorized use, among other issues. We continuously adapt our data security measures to match technological development.
You can easily delete the cookies stored on your computer or mobile device in the browser. Check your browser’s Help function for instructions on the use and deletion of cookies. You can disable all cookies or choose to be notified whenever a new cookie is added to your computer or mobile device. NOTE! By disabling cookies, you will lose some of the useful functionalities of our website.
We use third-party cookies to collect data on various tools, including Google Analytics and Coremetrics. These services use both persistent and temporary (session) cookies. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device for up to 24 months at a time.
Absentus.com may include links to websites for which we are not responsible. We are not responsible for the security or content of such websites, but we provide these links in order to help our customers obtain information on various topics more easily.